August 31, 2010

K-POP

I have the natural instinct to wander aimlessly from place to place, discovering new sights, tastes and sounds, becoming comfortable there and then leaving. I've moved a total of four times since June 2009, and needless to say, I'm ready to settle down for at least a year in one place. Moving to Koreatown seems like a great choice, and although I'm already vaguely familar with the area, it's just slightly more west, and slightly more foreign. However, my favourite public library is still within walking distance (Palmerston!) where I will be able to borrow wonderful cd's for free yet again. Despite all this moving, I am very excited about my new house and new roommates, who, for the most part, are pretty damn awesome. In celebration of this move, I would like to create a wonderful mixtape featuring Korean musicians.

Hope you enjoy and ding a ling a lung a ding a lung a ling. (I apologize for this horrendous inside joke that is based on my semi-rascist asian dance/song that I tend to sing only in front of Leanne).


Note: These are South Koreans only. I'm not going to attempt to infiltrate North Korea.

This is a different kind of mixtape, a video tape, that you can watch. This makes no sense but most of these video's are fairly spectacular.

2NE1


g.o.d (Groove Over Dose)


Isak N Jiyeon


MC The Max


U-KISS


Wonder Girls


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment