August 28, 2010

AIDAN KNIGHT

I discovered Aidan Knight simply a few weeks ago, but did not have the chance to explore his sounds further. Mitch Fillion shot Mr. Knight and his bandmates for his Southern Souls project, and his beautiful video can be seen here. 

Aidan Knight - Knitting Something for You
AIDAN KNIGHT - Knitting Something NIce For You from Mitch Fillion (southernsouls.ca) on Vimeo.

As I continued further on the path of beautiful lullabies, I found his first two EPs, First Takes, and Hi There. First Takes features an owl on the front, which I am a fond lover of. What I found on the inside was two delightful songs, leading into the second EP Hi There. The title alone makes me laugh due to a certain inside joke lasting much too long. 



FIRST TAKES EP
Released Aug 2008


 HI THERE EP
Released Oct 2008





However, to get to the point of such explanations, BOTH albums can be downloaded from their website. (FOR FREEEEE!) Hi There can be downloaded in multiple formats as well (FLAC...wow!). 



His newest release is titled Versicolor and the entire album is just what my ears needed for a Saturday morning, waking up much too early when I don't have to work. A few songs are remakes of those first heard on First Takes, and each version are equally haunting. You can download this (radiohead style) for any price online. Needless to say I snapped it up right quick, and you should too.


No comments:

Post a Comment